Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: U are banned?! Ask here

U are banned?! Ask here 08 May 2016 23:44 #52119

Bad.Santa.Brauni wrote:
Nice detective work B), 'am impressed ... however 'helping out' may be a little bit wrong wording.

As you say, you can shut off the bug, thus you dont have to play with it. From that it follows that if win7 didnt use a wallhack he still deliberately exploided a bug which gives partial wall-hack abilities. And as he stated he used this config for a long time... thus he used the bug for a long time...

And as it seems to work in numerous maps it is hard to believe that win7, as a very good player, only ever recognized its effect on the glider map....

So basically the question remains if one shall ban a (at best) bug-abuser which does not recognize to have 'done anything wrong'...

As i sayed in my first post that initial posting from win7 was not optimized in a diplomatic way... that may hunt you now...
He asked me in PM today before I posted about this to help him to try his config and show this bug. Thats why I think he didnt know how to turn it off.
Why you assume he was expoiting it theres no proof of that. In video/demo he wasnt exploiting anything.
Imo its bannable if someone knowingly exploit it.
  • Kimi
  • Kimi's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 92
  • Thank you received: 50
  • Karma: -112
The administrator has disabled public write access.

U are banned?! Ask here 09 May 2016 00:07 #52120

Kimi wrote:
Why you assume he was expoiting it theres no proof of that. In video/demo he wasnt exploiting anything.
Imo its bannable if someone knowingly exploit it.

Well, counter-question: When you observed the bug, how long did it take you to recognize that looking-through-walls could be considered as an unfair advantage?
exp[I*Pi]=-1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

U are banned?! Ask here 09 May 2016 00:15 #52121

@winseven:

We will re-evaluate the whole thing within the admin team. I'm sorry, this might take another day or two.

@kimi:
Good job!!!
  • dessi
  • dessi's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • .es.Desmond Sadness has joined the Dictators!
  • Posts: 1604
  • Thank you received: 148
  • Karma: 5
The administrator has disabled public write access.

U are banned?! Ask here 09 May 2016 00:32 #52122

Bad.Santa.Brauni wrote:
Kimi wrote:
Why you assume he was expoiting it theres no proof of that. In video/demo he wasnt exploiting anything.
Imo its bannable if someone knowingly exploit it.

Well, counter-question: When you observed the bug, how long did it take you to recognize that looking-through-walls could be considered as an unfair advantage?

Immediatly because I saw it on mlb_temple (see screenshot above) where it could be easily exploitable with sniper.
I could see sniper hiding behind the peek of hill.
  • Kimi
  • Kimi's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 92
  • Thank you received: 50
  • Karma: -112
The administrator has disabled public write access.

U are banned?! Ask here 09 May 2016 17:52 #52123

First of all A very big Thank You Kimi !!!
You saved me spending lots of hours investigate the cause of this config-based messed up and strange graphic behaviour.
Without You i had to go line for line through the commands-list and see which cvar setting is responsible. Would have been hard to recreate
such a situation without the demo nor the ability to join the server. I own you one ...

Back to my defence:
How the hell can i report having a wallhacking bug/situation without having any experience in what a wallhack has to look like or which kind of information you have and how far you can see by using it ... or whatever. My knowledge over wallhacks comes from Youtube and what i see there is a whole different world to the view how i see ET with my config. I don't wanna even know whats really possible with hacks, cause this is a really scary way of thinking. It's ruining the fun and trust in everything.
Returning to my case i only saw glitches. And like i said i played with that config since more then 5-6 years (i don't know for sure but a very long time with no changes at all).
I wont and cant report every little glitch or bug i see in a map, because i'm just a regular player, no admin nor mapcreator. I want to play, not to observe and do the job somebody else have to do. Yeah i'm lazy there and may change that.
In my eyes and experience the glichtes are "normal", mapbased and i cant do a thing about it. I didn't bother about it or really thought about it, because i didn't knew it better. I had no clue this is a setting in my config.

And btw. this bug/glich is also irritating and not really an advantage for me. Otherwise i would not have wasted bullets into a wall ... In this fast far situation the player was outside the wall. Furthermore i'm not a camping fragger who is sitting and following people (friend or enemy?) running next to a wall just to kill them and be happy about his killrate. You know i like to win and do the object as fast as possible.
Can't plant tnt from the otherside of a map. I think playing with helpfull specs in teamspeak or even playing with good new hardware and a stable connection is a much bigger advantage and you don't even recognize it.

And again i saw these "glitches/bugs" ONLY on AOS-Server and there ONLY in certain custom-maps. And I can only hope Amadeus or someone from AOS else is reading this and forcing the r_depthbits higher (I don't get any response from them).
I'm sure I'm not the only one playing with 16bit. The idea behind setting r_depthbits lower is simply more fps, tweaking .... I had no clue it would cause those glitches and i didn't make this config by myself, actually got most of it from onlyfornoobs. I think the name speaks for itself.

To get to the end of the story:
I already changed my r_depthbits higher to 24 bits.
If banning me because of a lack of knowledge and a lazyness in bugreporting comes with the little prize of a saver community .. so be it.
Would be bad and sad for me .... But at least I know i have 2 little sunny spots and the truth about not being a cheater shining over me, compairing to the heavy cloudy shitstorm which is going on.
Otherwise i would be happy to play on the servers again. Even AOS-Server and even with 10 pair of eyes watching me in specs (If you don't have nothing better to do).
Although i'm heavly disappointed in the way things went. Not the ban!, if you don't know and have the settings/bug i would have ban me too.
But cutting the chance of defending, by kicking me out of their forum, and no respone on pm's here is a very unfair behaviour.
Considering the fact that i'm not a new unknown player. There are better ways to force me into teamspeak!
  • WinSeven
  • WinSeven's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 11
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kimi

U are banned?! Ask here 09 May 2016 18:30 #52124

Well NOW you start pissing me off.

We came from Onyl-in-glider to only-in-few-maps-and-only-on-aos. Do you have further versions of the story? The salami tactics to only admit the already prooven is not helpfull to reinstate your good name.

To make a crime punishable in law 'There must also be an appropriate intention, knowledge, recklessness, or criminal negligence...'
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recklessness_(law)

It took Kimi less than five minutes to evaluate that this bug represents an unfair practice, thus you accepting this bug for 5 to 6 years can with all right considered at best criminal neglicence, more realistially even recklessness. And that ONLY if we assume in your favor that neither intention nor knowledge was involved..

And dont come with not knowing how bad it is to play with a lousy hardware/connection, i play on a 8 year old laptop with on-board graphics... via wlan... with nearly vanilla settings....because noobs play with this setting and in my twised world view i see it unethical to use an objectively better setting. You dont get pity from me.

Now, only AFTER your last post, I vote for not lifting the ban till you end this missunderdstood-snowflake attitude...
exp[I*Pi]=-1
Last Edit: 09 May 2016 18:51 by Bad.Santa.Brauni.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

U are banned?! Ask here 09 May 2016 20:32 #52126

@Bad-Santa:
Can't let this stay uncommented.
Wasn't my intention to piss you off. Sorry you feel that way and sorry for i didn't choose all my words wisely fresh after being accused of being a wallhacker. Specially in the first post after being accused.
Yeah you right:
There is no other map with this behavior in the rotation.
was obviously hasty. Glider just came to my mind because i first spoted a strange behaviour there and shortly wrote something in-game.
Sadly for me i cant remember who i was talking too, it's a few weeks ago with holidays and vacation in between. Anyway obviously the information didn't come through.
But
on the AOS Server and only there
... same post.
It took Kimi less than five minutes to evaluate that this bug represents an unfair practice, thus you accepting this bug for 5 to 6 years can with all right considered at best criminal neglicence, more realistially even recklessness.
And that ONLY if we assume in your favor that neither intention nor knowledge was involved..
Your forgot: Lack of Knowledge doesn't protect for punishment. Seriously and with no offense i don't know how and where i classify this wiki-quote.
Bug and glitches are always unfair, IF you abuse and exploiting it on purpose. Never said anything else.
And dont come with not knowing how bad it is to play with a lousy hardware/connection, i play on a 8 year old laptop with on-board graphics... via wlan... with nearly vanilla settings....because noobs
play with this setting and in my twised world view i see it unethical to use an objectively better setting.
I think we misunderstood us here. I just counted examples which also are ways of getting advantages if someone is getting/using them. My computer isn't that young, too. i5 First Generation is also nearly 6-7 years old.
And btw. "noobs" is so negative lets just call them beginners. Talking about "vanilla settings" is tricky. I hope i understand you right that you mean not changing anything else which you can easily change in-game with the NQ-Menue?
Even almost everything in some Pro-Servers/Mods. Otherwise vanilla settings means seeing you playing with the name ET-Player. xD
  • WinSeven
  • WinSeven's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 11
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
Last Edit: 09 May 2016 20:34 by WinSeven.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

U are banned?! Ask here 09 May 2016 21:46 #52127

Hey.

The only thing that I dont ever understand is why good players exploit stuff. If you know that you shoot well and can kill majority of players 1 vs 1, then why you need that extra help and bug use to gain even more advantage? For me, thats really stupid and cheecky.
I wont and cant report every little glitch or bug i see in a map, because i'm just a regular player, no admin nor mapcreator. I want to play, not to observe and do the job somebody else have to do.

For me its like, "I dont report it because I might lose that advantage".
And btw. this bug/glich is also irritating and not really an advantage for me. Otherwise i would not have wasted bullets into a wall ... In this fast far situation the player was outside the wall. Furthermore i'm not a camping fragger who is sitting and following people (friend or enemy?) running next to a wall just to kill them and be happy about his killrate. You know i like to win and do the object as fast as possible.

If thats not giving you any advantage, then why do you do that?

Isn't
It seems like you can look through the walls there because you can see the guns and arms moving in the wall.
enough unfair disadvantage that is not ment to be there by map creator?

I don't personally gain or lose anything about "your case" here. The only thing is that the reputation of a good player is shaken down. Its a greedy player who tries to use as much "unfair help" as possible to get better results. Its like russian athletes who claim "I used this drug only before and because of my health and I was not informed that it is now a doping and not allowed".

I like the joy and fun that this game gives. I also play close to original config. I know some use tweaks in their conf to reduce the smoke in maps and see people better there. And for sure there is more stuff than this. The only question that I raise is "Are you really not better than that?".

In russia, they say "you're only guilty when you're caught".

Happy fragging and my respect goes to kimi's detective work and brauni's idea of a good game.

C#
  • Citrus#
  • Citrus#'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 113
  • Thank you received: 47
  • Karma: -26
_______________________________

_/﹋_
(҂`_´)
<,︻╦╤─ ҉ - -
_/﹋_

Friend of Kernwaffe
The administrator has disabled public write access.

U are banned?! Ask here 09 May 2016 22:25 #52128

WinSeven wrote:
@Bad-Santa:
Wasn't my intention to piss you off. Sorry you feel that way ...


Really? You wanna go down that road? :angry:



I really hate it to say, but nemesis is right, both sides do not look great in this incident. However, as long as you keep your maximum position to be the innocent victim of circumstances, you probably can not expect that the other side gives up its maximum position to ban you.


WinSeven wrote:
Bug and glitches are always unfair, IF you abuse and exploiting it on purpose.


How do you define abuse? Can you promis to never gained any unfair advantage by the bug? Well, i can not even remember what i had for breakfeast...
exp[I*Pi]=-1
Last Edit: 09 May 2016 22:26 by Bad.Santa.Brauni.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

U are banned?! Ask here 09 May 2016 23:11 #52129

Guys, guys... wth?! Calm your tits... :huh:

It seems to me like you are completely talking past each other.


First things first...

WinSeven wrote:
Although i'm heavly disappointed in the way things went. Not the ban!, if you don't know and have the settings/bug i would have ban me too.
But cutting the chance of defending, by kicking me out of their forum, and no respone on pm's here is a very unfair behaviour.
Considering the fact that i'm not a new unknown player. There are better ways to force me into teamspeak!

Just so you know: we are no longer affiliated with AoS, so there's no point in taking this out on us. You are still welcome on this forum and we are discussing this matter with you right now, so I don't see the point of bringing this up in KW forum.


Then Citrus' post...

Citrus# wrote:
If thats not giving you any advantage, then why do you do that?

If you read a bit back, you will see that both Winseven and Kimi (and probably others) used this cvar one time or another to improve their fps. Not because it would cause some bug that would let you see through walls in certain cases.
(And imo this is totally understandable... Low fps can really mess up your game and it's pretty normal that people tweak their settings trying to improve fps.)

Citrus# wrote:
For me its like, "I dont report it because I might lose that advantage".

To answer this I would like to quote Winseven himself:

WinSeven wrote:
In my eyes and experience the glichtes are "normal", mapbased and i cant do a thing about it. I didn't bother about it or really thought about it, because i didn't knew it better. I had no clue this is a setting in my config.


Then Brauni's post:

Bad.Santa.Brauni wrote:
To make a crime punishable in law 'There must also be an appropriate intention, knowledge, recklessness, or criminal negligence...'
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recklessness_(law)

If I'm not mistaken, you are talking about guilt. And you're right... In some cases, recklessness and/or criminal negligence is enough to assume the presence of 'guilt'.

But you are forgetting that, under certain circumstances... guilt can be 'excusable'. (Like for example when somebody had a false perception of the situation... For example when one believes the bug/glitch is normal and is caused by the map, instead of one's config. For example when a game is freaking 13 years old and full of weird glitches like that.)

So the only thing that is left to do for us, is to decide whether we feel his negligence is excusable or not... And with 'us', I mean admin team... And since you are part of the admin team, we will ofc also discuss this with you but... in private if you don't mind. ;)

So hearing is adjourned... We will have another hearing in... well as soon as possible. And as soon as we have reached a verdict, we will update all. :cheer:

Thanks for your patience. :kiss:
  • Nemesis
  • Nemesis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 499
  • Thank you received: 190
  • Karma: 27
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tsuneobeard

U are banned?! Ask here 10 May 2016 08:49 #52130

@WinSeven a lot off us cant believe that u used Cheats, and we search for the reason it happens.
I watched demo maybe 50x and after watching Kimi (btw thx) Demo it is clear, u r not guilty to use WH.

BUT:
U knew that u can watch thru walls with this settings and u still used it.
For Admins, who spec u its a clear WH, so what did u exspect we do iff we see that?
And now after u get cought u find out what setting causes this ?!
Iam disappointed that u didnt do the work to clear this before, instead off playing with this until u get banned.

mfg Bong
  • Bong
  • Bong's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 184
  • Thank you received: 43
  • Karma: -6
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nemesis, Citrus#

U are banned?! Ask here 10 May 2016 09:41 #52131




looks to me this issue can be resolved in 5ish minutes, ppl make mistakes, people are forgiving.
the glitch was used, on purpose, or without purpose, it's one word against the other. we dont have acces to a lie detector so lets believe in the honnesty of people for a second.
I dont have a say in this, but the community is small as it is, would be a shame to see a great player leave tbh.

there are other ways to punish exploits (force him in a namechange, like WinVista/WinMilenium???)
  • tsuneobeard
  • tsuneobeard's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 244
  • Thank you received: 90
  • Karma: 5
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reji #1

U are banned?! Ask here 11 May 2016 00:51 #52145

Mistakes are made but shit happens...

Calm down kids and play et!
  • Reji #1
  • Reji #1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 161
  • Thank you received: 75
  • Karma: 112
The administrator has disabled public write access.

U are banned?! Ask here 16 May 2016 22:20 #52153

By decision of the admins we unban you, winseven, from our servers.

We can't say if you used this bug on purpose or deliberately. The temporary ban you just had for almost two weeks should be enough to remind you that taking advantage in some game by foul playing is not nice.
We also come into the consideration to unban you because you played for several years on our servers without beeing accused of cheating or bug abusing.

Gl & Hf
Luke
  • lucky luke
  • lucky luke's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • And Yet It Moves
  • Posts: 774
  • Thank you received: 176
  • Karma: -13
Edit your signature in
Profil > Profilinfos
last point: Signature
Last Edit: 16 May 2016 22:20 by lucky luke.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bobieb, Kimi, WinSeven, panzerballet, Reji #1, tsuneobeard

U are banned?! Ask here 26 Jul 2016 18:16 #52332

Hey Mates!

I think most of you know me, since playing your server for more than few months i believe. Found this section, cuz having a problem. Ive never had problems to connect to your servers, but until yesterday.
What's the problem? Hey Mates! I think most of you know me, since playing your server for more than few months i believe. Found this section, cuz having a problem. Ive never had problems to connect to your servers, but until yesterday. What's the problem? [url]https://zapodaj.net/f36ad2a1b0ce1.jpg.html[/url] Pls help me. Regards, ///M Noodle. add.: Joined other server with pb and it was fine.[img]Hey Mates! I think most of you know me, since playing your server for more than few months i believe. Found this section, cuz having a problem. Ive never had problems to connect to your servers, but until yesterday. What's the problem? https://zapodaj.net/f36ad2a1b0ce1.jpg.html Pls help me.
Regards, ///M Noodle.

add.: Joined other server with pb and it was fine.
  • Noodle
  • Noodle's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 0
Last Edit: 26 Jul 2016 18:20 by Noodle.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

U are banned?! Ask here 26 Jul 2016 18:37 #52333

Noodle wrote:
Hey Mates!

I think most of you know me, since playing your server for more than few months i believe. Found this section, cuz having a problem. Ive never had problems to connect to your servers, but until yesterday.
What's the problem? Hey Mates! I think most of you know me, since playing your server for more than few months i believe. Found this section, cuz having a problem. Ive never had problems to connect to your servers, but until yesterday. What's the problem? [url]https://zapodaj.net/f36ad2a1b0ce1.jpg.html[/url] Pls help me. Regards, ///M Noodle. add.: Joined other server with pb and it was fine.[/quote] You have been baned for cheating. https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-view-unofficial-ban-46262.html Have a nice life Luke[img]Hey Mates! I think most of you know me, since playing your server for more than few months i believe. Found this section, cuz having a problem. Ive never had problems to connect to your servers, but until yesterday. What's the problem? https://zapodaj.net/f36ad2a1b0ce1.jpg.html Pls help me.
Regards, ///M Noodle.

add.: Joined other server with pb and it was fine.


You have been baned for cheating.
www.pbbans.com/mbi-view-unofficial-ban-46262.html

Have a nice life
Luke
  • lucky luke
  • lucky luke's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • And Yet It Moves
  • Posts: 774
  • Thank you received: 176
  • Karma: -13
Edit your signature in
Profil > Profilinfos
last point: Signature
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Citrus#

U are banned?! Ask here 26 Jul 2016 18:38 #52334

luke said ur cheater...no idea, remember ur nick but i didnt play much last year. so...

1. just stay away, if u hax
2. stay here a cry in forum all day long, if u no hax

forever yours,
sushi the sweaty beauty :kiss:
  • sushi
  • sushi's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "Worth a kick..."
  • Posts: 320
  • Thank you received: 101
  • Karma: 13
Last Edit: 26 Jul 2016 18:46 by sushi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Citrus#

U are banned?! Ask here 27 Jul 2016 11:09 #52335

i select the second option to cry all day cuz havent cheated. i have never cheated on this server and will not. if i would hax other guys would see this. anyway joining server wi th cheat on pb is 100% ban lol it would be stupid. pls unban me you can spec me 24/7 make demos... im clear. im joining other servers with pb and im not getting ban,just here. Please.
  • Noodle
  • Noodle's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 0
Last Edit: 27 Jul 2016 11:16 by Noodle.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

U are banned?! Ask here 27 Jul 2016 11:14 #52336

i have never cheated on this server
  • Stoer
  • Stoer's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 11
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
The administrator has disabled public write access.

U are banned?! Ask here 27 Jul 2016 11:18 #52337

Stoer wrote:
i have never cheated on this server

omg you are picking holes in what sb says. ive never ever nowhere...
  • Noodle
  • Noodle's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 0
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

© Kernwaffe.de - Enemy Territory Servers | Design by: LernVid.com