Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ADMIN ABUSE

ADMIN ABUSE 10 Aug 2010 17:50 #38577

hmm some minutes ago, i got kicked, for euhm nothing

the map was trm-fight beta or smth and there is a glitch on the map where u can see the enemy before they see u,

now you would say 'aha but that is bug abuse'

since a few times back on hotchkiss we got artied like crazy with the bug arty thing by haxor i think and admins were present and did nothing

hence also it is not stated in the server rules , that bug abuse is forbidden , so i had to undergo that heavy spawnkilling bug load of times and didnt complain

so jeah i used that bug for only a minute or so .. every good player does so i thought whatever you know

btw it's not our fault we can use that bug , nor kw's, but the creators to make their map decent and without bugs

hence forth getting kicked by an admin

i even agreed to quit to use the bug and he kicked me

grtz

kat aka temporarily nob
  • Katja
  • Expert Boarder
Last Edit: 10 Aug 2010 23:30 by Katja.
The topic has been locked.

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 10 Aug 2010 20:44 #38579

oh you're nob, that explains a lot :x <3, since the bug-abuse on hotchkiss indeed seems to be ok (played a lot with admins present and it being done) i agree it should be either/or, or handled with a warning rather than a kick (unless you've been warned and been very persistent, but ya i haven't seen anything about bug-abuse like that in the rules either i think so at least make clear rules about it) that's one of the good things with kw that you despite having quite a large amount of moderators and admins have a pretty similar standard most the time and the rules are very clear and it's not just the mood of the admin of the day like i've encountered it on so many big pub-servers over the years
  • K@rm@
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ...is a bitch!
  • Thank you received: 70
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars – the rest I just squandered." George Best

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 10 Aug 2010 20:47 #38580

bug using = lame, noobish, stinks

that bug on hotchkiss cant be avoided, even if u put the arty 2 meters before the doors, the arty impacts inside the building.

my question: why did u use that bug? Ur one of the best players here on kw, and u use that kind of bug to save urself. dont lower urself to the level of the nabs, who need to hide there.

the only mistake was the kick (ok blame myself, didnt know nob =katja), and it was faster than ur sentence that u ll quit it. well i apologize for that.
  • Alkman
  • !Ban Dessi 1800000000000000!!!!
  • Thank you received: 1
Last Edit: 10 Aug 2010 21:07 by Alkman.

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 10 Aug 2010 23:18 #38582

ok first off my post a few hours ago was a bit emotionally carried so 'oops' i guess , i didn't rly care about the kick it's the principle which took place i didn't like.

and apoligy accepted blech, you're kewl :) , i think it's very masculin when an admin admits he's wrong, respect.

thus i retract the words i wrote,

and i know bug using is lame noobish and it stinks but ppl do it alot tbh and too often i see they do not get warned or kicked about it.

do you think i was the only one in there ? probably after the kick they left that part of the house too. :)

i just remembered (the bug) it from the previous time the map ran and everyone was like camping in there so jeah i wanted to save my life a bit with it. anyway i won't use it anymore.

and as karma implied it should be or allowed or disallowed and for every bug including the one on hotchkiss.

i don't think its so hard just color the spawnzone for allies a bit more red untill the doors and voila problem solved, so when an arty hits there, it will be a spawnkill , what it already was in my eyes cuz of the bug.

and it would be neat if it were included into the kernwaffe server rules , cuz it's not in there like karma said as well.

and jeah i play with this nob name temporarily cuz i had to format my pc and lost et key and was screwing around with settings, sens etc.

grtz

xxx

katja
  • Katja
  • Expert Boarder
Last Edit: 10 Aug 2010 23:39 by Katja.

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 10 Aug 2010 23:41 #38583

Katja wrote:
i don't think its so hard just color the spawnzone for allies a bit more red untill the doors and voila problem solved, so when an arty hits there, it will be a spawnkill , what it already was in my eyes cuz of the bug

Would be nice if it would be that easy... but redzone =/= "No-Kill-Zone" - just "No-drop-zone" for Arty/Airstrike.

You must have muted all on Oasis here to have not seen that problem 1000 times :p
  • Guano
  • Platinum Boarder
  • !riflegod

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 11 Aug 2010 00:22 #38584

Katja wrote:
i don't think its so hard just color the spawnzone for allies a bit more red untill the doors and voila problem solved, so when an arty hits there, it will be a spawnkill , what it already was in my eyes cuz of the bug.

HELL ON EARTH, that would cause massssssive nightmares for us admins. u can be sure, every 5 seconds u would read sk blabla sk blabla sk blabla :P
  • Alkman

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 11 Aug 2010 02:23 #38586

The bug, the bug, THE BUG!

Stop calling my name! From now on you refer to the "problem"!
I demand!

Greetz,
bug
  • bug
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 11 Aug 2010 13:14 #38591

Well I can't say anything about the Katja matter, but Blechi sufficed in that I believe. (Forgive him, he's Austrian, he can't help it :p)
As for the hotchkiss bug using: imho its a necessary strategy to arty the hell out of the Allies. This forces them to go underground. It's not that you're bound to go out upwards and to be artied. (Which is mostly the point of the red zones in general.) You can leave the room you spawned in unharmed...
As I said before: Red ones aren't bound to what Admins are willing to administrate. The main point is the gameplay. There's not the slightest need to protect the Allies from that Arty.

As for the bugusing in general: The bugs are there, the bugs are shice, the bugs suck, no one likes the bugs, bugs stink, I could go on for hours just to show <bug> that its not a great idea to post anything like he did :p
But, there's a point to make.
Bugs are there. You can't exclude a great map just for one bug, there simply isn't enough maps, not to mention great ones!!!
I can't see anything unfair in using everything you know to gain an advantage. If Katja knows a place, no one else knows, her victims should try to find out. That's it.

I'd like to cite myself for a conclusion:
"It's not a bug, it's a feature!" :)
  • dessi
  • Administrator
  • .es.Desmond Sadness has joined the Dictators!
  • Thank you received: 148

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 11 Aug 2010 13:18 #38592

which bug do u mean, bug? do u mean the bug on the tram map or the bug on hotchkiss, or do u mean the countless spawn-bugs on each map, caused by some nq-bug? i m a little confused, bug? i know these bugs are annoying, but dont blame the bugs, they are human failure.
so be nice, hug the bug, kiss it and all problems are solved.
  • Alkman

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 11 Aug 2010 14:08 #38596

I'm getting confused... Questions over questions... If bug finds a bug, can he call it his own bug? Is it selfkill if bug is owned by a bug? Can we abuse bug? Is it a mapbug if bug is bugging me on hotchkiss for example? Can i call it a bug if bug gives me headbugs - ...shots? Is a headshot on bug a bugshot or a headbug? Aren't bugshots forbidden? Who is allowed to kill bug than? Kat got kicked for killing bug by a bug?

Omg, really... you all are to confusing... :P
!hugall

• lucky luke
  • Administrator
  • And Yet It Moves
  • Thank you received: 176
Edit your signature in
Profil > Profilinfos
last point: Signature
Last Edit: 11 Aug 2010 14:13 by lucky luke.

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 11 Aug 2010 16:23 #38600

Luckily the lack of linguistics leads to a luke-warm looking luke, if were lucky with lucky.
  • bug
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 11 Aug 2010 17:52 #38602

lol luke :D
lol bug you're a funny little bugger :)

ok but serious now

dessi wrote:

I can't see anything unfair in using everything you know to gain an advantage. If Katja knows a place, no one else knows, her victims should try to find out. That's it.

lol at victims but he has a point there , i would like to know what is the official position of using bugs by all admins, because now i know some are ok with it and let it slide and some don't and kick, there should be one rule only about this 'problem'

and i do mean any bugs , every bug ehm 'problem'

would be nice to know the official kw rule about it

grtz

kat
  • Katja
  • Expert Boarder
Last Edit: 11 Aug 2010 17:57 by Katja.

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 11 Aug 2010 20:16 #38606

Nah I don't think we need a rule for that.
Our SK system is bureacratic enough already. Do what you think is fair. And btw a kick from time to time isn't that bad...
Usually you won't kicked without a preceding warning.
The main point about this whole story is this: It's a funserver. Don't spoil the fun! There's plenty a noob to go around becoming frustrated. We (= all of us) want them to stay and like it here.
If it's for me, judging what is fair and unfair lies in the hands of the ppl who are there to decide.
  • dessi
  • Administrator
  • .es.Desmond Sadness has joined the Dictators!
  • Thank you received: 148

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 12 Aug 2010 20:06 #38614

BTW, i'm noob, but i would like to add my view on hotchkiss. I think this bug is balances with Axis output from the third spawn, when they are an easy and massive target for bazooka, flame and nada.
  • wolekkxxx
  • Senior Boarder
Sry for many, many TK, SK, noobing, spam, not teamhelping, cheating, superegoism and no respect for ultraadmin gods.

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 13 Aug 2010 09:31 #38623

why don't we just !ban bug?
  • **[bimmer]**
  • Gold Boarder
  • Happy fraggin!
<- Don't try this at home!

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 31 Mar 2011 05:42 #42242

Have to agree with some people
  • Sets
Last Edit: 31 Mar 2011 05:43 by Sets.

Re:ADMIN ABUSE 04 Apr 2011 17:45 #42276

sets omg you warm up a 7 month (!!!!) old thread?

are you serious?

locked.
  • unterhose
  • Administrator
  • doofluke
  • Thank you received: 67
VI VI VI, the number of the beast.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

© Kernwaffe.de - Enemy Territory Servers | Design by: LernVid.com