Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Little XP player

Little XP player 18 Oct 2010 05:26 #39855

Hi

Today on KW1 was a player, who smooth kicked ass even Luke and Bug. I think isn't suspect, only professional player, but i uploaded demo to Your verifi.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/24747821/2010-10-18-042200-castleattack_b5.dm_84

Greets
  • wolekkxxx
  • Senior Boarder
Sry for many, many TK, SK, noobing, spam, not teamhelping, cheating, superegoism and no respect for ultraadmin gods.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Little XP player 18 Oct 2010 14:01 #39856

lol,
Nothing suspicious. Noob player just had little luck. There was nothing special. According to demo, bug killed him 3 times and he killed bug 2 times. 1st time bug had like 10 hp and 2nd time bug was fighting with other player and got backraped. Nothing weird with his aim.

In my opinion. -Iku-Turso-
  • Amaterasu
  • Gold Boarder
  • Now Known as Iku-Turso

Re:Little XP player 18 Oct 2010 18:02 #39860

You all just shouted "hs over 300yrd, impossible!" - just once again: sure its possible, its even easier then "infight". All you need is a big screen.

This player wasnt that good. He had a 90' ping and i think maxpackets 30, that made him hard to hit, thats all.
And i didnt hit anything on the top ;)
  • bug
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6

Re:Little XP player 19 Oct 2010 16:19 #39868

bug wrote:
You all just shouted "hs over 300yrd, impossible!" - just once again: sure its possible, its even easier then "infight". All you need is a big screen.

i see shit at far distance...only 19" CRT :blush:
  • floppy75
  • Gold Boarder
  • The Pimmelmann

Re:Little XP player 19 Oct 2010 18:22 #39869

i see shit at far distance...only 19" CRT

yeah - hs are then very very hard.
I had a 17" tft half a year ago, and i couldnt see anything.

Now i use a 23" and set AA and AF to max(thanks to a better hd4870 and amd 955be), and i see every single head popping out of the ground. (AF and AA is becomes really kinda handy in this case, aswell as 1280x1024 to 1920x1080 change - as long as your fps are stable enough)
  • bug
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Little XP player 19 Oct 2010 19:30 #39870

This is what really annoys me in online ego-shooters. That people with better hardware have such huge advantages.
  • Skorpio
  • Junior Boarder

Re:Little XP player 19 Oct 2010 20:47 #39872

Indeed :D

I have 17' crt screen. And I have cg_fov 110-120, and used to play with 640 resolution. So I can barely see anything further than I can throw grenade. With this shitty packet graphic card that's good. Higher of course is better, but then my fps are too unstable in some maps. And also having this 5 euros logitech packet mouse is nice with wireless keyboard which makes some movements coming later when battery charge is lowering.

So, now I'm proud of myself, because I can do pretty well against players who is having much better equipents and advantage

Edit: Aah! My ping is also worse that most of players on kw. Im from finland so, my ping is 98 or higher with this 2 mbps connection.
  • Amaterasu
  • Gold Boarder
  • Now Known as Iku-Turso
Last Edit: 19 Oct 2010 20:53 by Amaterasu.

Re:Little XP player 21 Oct 2010 17:10 #39886

@Amaterasu

ever tryed Linux? For some this really brings a big improvement. (for me with old system from 40-60fps to 125fps stable)
anyway, resolution of 640 is bad. ET is totally different at some point of resolution. Was it 1024x or 1280x? Dont know anymore, but there is a HUGE difference.
  • bug
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Little XP player 21 Oct 2010 18:40 #39889

Well, Im not yet cosidering changint to Linux. Maybe at some point.

Should try out that higher resolution in some other server. KW servers are generally too laggy for normal gameplay anyway. That hasn't bothered me, since I just try to have fun, but after 15 minutes of getting my ass kicked I might get a bit too frustrated.

If I get that high resolution work well and stable somewhere, maybe I then try it on kw and then just adjust thight as long as needed. Or just go to store and buy a new computer. That just needs money a bit more I can now invest.
  • Amaterasu
  • Gold Boarder
  • Now Known as Iku-Turso

Re:Little XP player 22 Oct 2010 10:35 #39893

Linux is free and really nice!
I just took an extra HDD and installed Linux on it, now with f8 during bootup I can easily choose to play my second favorit game, or work on my PC... no virusthreat, no messing up windows by settings I need for the game... perfect!
Andeh yes my second favorit game, my most favorit has to do with my wife :)
  • **[bimmer]**
  • Gold Boarder
  • Happy fraggin!
<- Don't try this at home!
Last Edit: 22 Oct 2010 10:36 by **[bimmer]**.

Re:Little XP player 22 Oct 2010 11:56 #39894

Yeah, I really should consider changing to linux. But first I should buy a new computer, and thats not gonna happen in a while.

Yesterday I tried higher resolution. With EtPro it worked somehow, but mouse got sticky. It followed my movemenents a bit slowly. And then I tried it on KW2 server. Results: "LOL". Totally impossible to play, constant lagging-kind of thing. Like picture stopped in every 2 seconds and then kept moving. FPS was jumping between 5 and 45.

Well I keep my resolution and craphig settings at minimun to even a bit enjoy playing. It gives a bit advantage to others on big maps, but its good on smaller maps. Thats why KW3 would be best kw server for me, but there is no players there.

@Bimmer: Hmm...game to play with wife? Are you making food with her or washing dishes? Because it's really awkward if you let your wife out from kitchen. :DD
  • Amaterasu
  • Gold Boarder
  • Now Known as Iku-Turso

Re:Little XP player 22 Oct 2010 15:06 #39899

Amaterasu wrote:
@Bimmer: Hmm...game to play with wife? Are you making food with her or washing dishes? Because it's really awkward if you let your wife out from kitchen. :DD
The games you can play on a kitchen sink....
  • **[bimmer]**
  • Gold Boarder
  • Happy fraggin!
<- Don't try this at home!

Re:Little XP player 22 Oct 2010 17:02 #39902

**[bimmer]** wrote:
Amaterasu wrote:
The games you can play on a kitchen sink....

Like I said, washing dishes... :(
That's a bit boring game. Wonder how that gets #1 game.
  • Amaterasu
  • Gold Boarder
  • Now Known as Iku-Turso

Re:Little XP player 22 Oct 2010 18:07 #39903

@Ama

But you should try Linux BEFORE you buy a better pc. After you have a decent new one, the difference between win and unix wount be that much. (at least my et now runs smoother with win7 then Linux, guess the advantage isnt that much with new hardware anymore).

If you have a harddrive (partition) that you can empty and then put linux on a part of it (5gb?! should be more then enough for et only), thats it. Just try it. No harm for you, only takes 1-2 hours ... Ubuntu or Kubuntu should be ok for you.

Btw.: just out of interest, what are your pc specifications?
  • bug
  • Expert Boarder
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

© Kernwaffe.de - Enemy Territory Servers | Design by: LernVid.com