Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Saving your ETKEY file (and with that your XP)

Saving your ETKEY file (and with that your XP) 08 Mar 2009 23:53 #22191

If you want to reinstall Windows, or change something on your Computer System that requires you to reinstall Enemy Territory, it is important that you save your GUID.

The GUID (a 32 character alphanumeric number) is like a computer based key, that identifies yourself to the servers, when you connect.
This is the way the server knows that you are back and then gives you your XP and the userlevel back and the statistics system can add it to the old account.

Conclusion: If you loose that GUID, you won't get your XP back!

The GUID is stored in a file, and that file is called etkey.
(Without a file extension, like etkey.exe or something! Just etkey)

That file is located in your \etmain\ folder within your Enemy Territory installation directory.

So, for example, if your ET is installed in C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\
you need to use the Windows Explorer and go into this directory, and there into the \etmain\ directory:
C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\

There you will see the "etkey" file.
Its around 1kb size.

That is the one you need to save.

How?
Well, easiest way is to zip it, save it to a location you can get to after you reinstalled your system, another harddrive, a floppy disk or a burned CD or even an online mail account you can store files in for example.
I leave that up to you. ;)

Now, when you need to reeinstall that file, all you need is to reinstall ET, install all patches and then copy the saved etkey file back to the ET installation into the \etmain\ directory.

That way, if you keep the saved etkey forever, you should be abled to save your XP and the userlevels etc for all times, too.
:woohoo:

Simple, hu? :)
  • Fynbos
  • Administrator
Last Edit: 08 Mar 2009 23:55 by Fynbos.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Saving your ETKEY file (and with that your XP) 23 May 2009 16:35 #25198

hi,
two days ago I bought a macbook, and now I've installed et for mac.. tried to put the etkey saved ( from my etmain folder in windows) into the mac \library\application support\wolfenstein\etmain, but still I receive 0xp when connecting on kernwaffe..

could u please help me?

thanks in advance,
d
harlock
  • Harlock
  • Fresh Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

© Kernwaffe.de - Enemy Territory Servers | Design by: LernVid.com