Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: KW 1 disable nextmap vote for some day

KW 1 disable nextmap vote for some day 26 Apr 2014 18:16 #48920

Seriously.
There is this map called waffenschmiede and people skip it LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE TIME!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

KW 1 disable nextmap vote for some day 26 Apr 2014 18:23 #48921

indeed, i can't even play, it tooks 1 minute and some secs to load and when it does time is out or is other map
  • panzerballet
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83

KW 1 disable nextmap vote for some day 26 Apr 2014 19:30 #48922

ok,
nextmap vote is disabled - if you feel like you need to vote for next map, then start a poll (in console "/callvote poll nextmap everyone?") and ask a mod or an admin.

I am, and i would like to speak for the Kernwaffe Stuff in this point, and we are friends of possibilities, freedom and open minds, but also we got to see that sometimes simple things like voting aren't working... they get abused for personal reasons and don't meet the original purpose, which in this case was giving the possibility to vote for the next map because of reasons like: The current map is very much disliked by a majority or isn't playable because of some formerly unknown bug, etc.
My expierence is that people also tend to vote away what they don't know. And they constantly do it again and again, until people press anoyed yes or stop voting. We have the say in germany "Was der Bauer nicht kennt, isst er nicht.", which translates like "what your don't know, you don't taste".
So, asking me disabling the nextmap vote you run open doors with me :D because i want you aaalll to take a taste of it, ok... i'm so mean... :P
I disable it everytime i put on a new campaign, because unknown or new maps are constantly voted away, and put it back on like a week later.

Also i don't see a reason why this map Waffenschmiede should be bad, it might look smaller, but the size should be similar to Braundorf. I didn't notice any Bugs, and i enjoyed playing it several times. Maybe the ending is a bit bad for Axis, because when the Allies succeed in getting away with the object safely, then chances are few for Axis to intercept it before it is delivered to the truck.

Your thoughts are welcome :)
Greetz
Luke
  • lucky luke
  • Administrator
  • And Yet It Moves
  • Thank you received: 176
Edit your signature in
Profil > Profilinfos
last point: Signature

KW 1 disable nextmap vote for some day 26 Apr 2014 19:56 #48923

it's a nice map but for me it's impossible with a 1 minute load, connection time out.. i'm in favor of more warmup time cause every time map changes i only get like 4 secs + initializing. probably because of server location and my location + not that great pc :laugh:
  • panzerballet
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83

KW 1 disable nextmap vote for some day 26 Apr 2014 23:48 #48925

Well, to be honest, Waffenschmiede just sucks balls.
  • tanja
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 46

KW 1 disable nextmap vote for some day 27 Apr 2014 16:11 #48928

An Maps wie Waffenschmiede scheiden sich die Geister, ich persönlich skippe lieber Ice...macht mir bei 20vs20 einfach keinen Spaß mehr.

Nextmap jetzt noch abzuschalten hätte nicht sein müssen, aber prinzipiell kann ich Luke nur zustimmen. Ich weiß aus eigener Erfahrung, das manch ungeliebte Map richtig Laune machen kann, sobald man sie erstmal kennt und versteht.

Mir gefiel die Idee, Nextmap-Votes bei neuen Rotas für 1-2 Wochen zu verhindern. So können/müssen sich die Stammspieler ein Bild von etwaigen unbekannten Maps machen...und später frei entscheiden.

Greetings, Sushi :)
  • sushi
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "Worth a kick..."
  • Thank you received: 101

KW 1 disable nextmap vote for some day 27 Apr 2014 20:38 #48929

About Waffen...
I think it is actually nice map. Maybe there is sort of chokepoint with full server, but it is nice map, many separated combat areas, and many approaches to main object.

Loading time is sort of problem. But once it loads, I would prefer to play it if I spent half a minute waiting..
  • GrizzLyCRO
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 16

KW 1 disable nextmap vote for some day 28 Apr 2014 17:36 #48930

tanja wrote:
Well, to be honest, Waffenschmiede just sucks balls.
I saw the map six times. Six times for one minute. Then it got vote-busted.

KW 1 disable nextmap vote for some day 06 May 2014 07:18 #48956

i agree here with luke....peeps don't give new maps enough of a chance and disabling vote for few days is good idea; a vote will start a minute into a new map simply because someone doesn't have patience to give it a go....and to have the same few spamming booooring!!!!! over and over from the first second a new map starts to its end (when it is allowed to end) is bloody annoying....also shows disrespect to those that spend hours researching new maps looking for bugs etc to keep server fresh.....
  • jiZZum
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
The following user(s) said Thank You: panzerballet
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

© Kernwaffe.de - Enemy Territory Servers | Design by: LernVid.com