Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: No more able connecting servers

No more able connecting servers 29 Jun 2015 16:33 #50989

Heya, KW tech gurus. Without further ado, I'm in desperate need of help. Early afternoon today I killed in different server for the first time since a couple of years (can I name it, admins?). Unexpectedly, after which I'm not able connect to all of a sudden nor main server, nor #2/#3.

Swear I haven't done nothing substantial before or after the issue occured. In my case, naturally I connect KW1 by "Direct Play" button, and when the game passes "Awaiting gamestate..." verification, it stays forever on the download screen below I took photo of (had to force windowed mode, hence the tiny window).

Once I press ESC key also, follows desktop crash consisting of " ...couldn't re-open etmain\pak0.pk3"

Explain it me? Myself I cannot.It was running metaphorically like knife slicing piece butter. Yet, in a matter of seconds table crumbled.

The irony is, I haven't touched any single thing on side of settings, none on the game files before all hell broke loose.

What I unsuccessfully tried:

1. Swapped the original pk3 over the current one. On size, both are the same. This is game's source as you know, servers doesn't actually benefit from this particular file rather than player. Doesn't make sense it is damaged by aforementioned server.

Am I really to reinstall the sob Wolf since I haven't did it in... past 3 YEARS...?! No, cannot be this luck... Since ET drectory grown up 5, 11 GB. I will definitely mess up my settings, binds, whatever user changes I made.

I'm open to any advices.

P.S.: A different issue seems happening across all servers I attempt join. Includes our AoS place.

• N3rwitZ
  • Expert Boarder
  • Naked Flesh
  • Thank you received: 4
Last Edit: 29 Jun 2015 17:19 by N3rwitZ.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

No more able connecting servers 29 Jun 2015 18:06 #50990

So with the help of my boss, Amadeus, we fixed the thing. :) :evil:

Admins can archive the topic.

In case anyone wanna know what we did, my game somehow f*cked up badly, in the end, the solution - necessary reinstall.
  • N3rwitZ
  • Expert Boarder
  • Naked Flesh
  • Thank you received: 4
Last Edit: 29 Jun 2015 18:14 by N3rwitZ.

No more able connecting servers 30 Jun 2015 21:21 #51000

This shall be a lesson for you to betail the one and only server, our holyness of kernwaffe. Now bow and start to chant for your sin ... :evil:
exp[I*Pi]=-1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amadeus_Denmark
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

© Kernwaffe.de - Enemy Territory Servers | Design by: LernVid.com