Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
post here ur Feedback, Applause and Critique

TOPIC: SK rules

SK rules 06 Aug 2010 03:22 #38492

K this isn't a complaint which is why its in this section, its critique cos i cant believe how silly your SK rules are.

I have played your NQ servers for the past few months, i started playing KW during the dev of NQ 1.2.8 and 1.2.9 as i wanted to test the differences between the dif versions of NQ on other servers to the NQ beta server my clan has. In that time i have been marked 2 times for SK...the first time was IMO not SK as the naab ran away back into his red zone whilst i was in fire fight with him, but i wasn't really arsed and didn't have a demo so let it go, did my 1 month and the mark was removed...all good.

Now yesterday Lucky gave me another SK mark whilst playing oasis, i ran through axis second spawn as co-op and not thinking i instictively killed the enemy who was firing at me....before the guy hit the floor it twigged it was wrong on your server so i accept the mark from lucky and apologise to him/her for my mistake as the admin was simply following KW SK rules.

After speaking with lucky it turns out i'm NOT allowed to fire into a red area or kill anyone AT ALL other than a mortar with knife?? well a mark for sk was one thing but to then find the enemy could basically sit in their red area for a whole map and shoot me etc knowing full well i cant kill them... well WTF?? who on Earth thinks of these rule interpretations and decides to make it all so complicated ffs.
Fair play you draw red areas, yet NOT on all maps... so some maps SK is allowed and others not, some maps have red areas where you dont need red areas and no red areas where you DO (transmitter is a prime example, axis can shoot the fook out of allies hut yet its not contestable once fence is gone but its ok to SK cos no red zone (please wtf) Its a FIXED spawn ffs).... you can kill ONLY mortar in a red area but only with a knife and everyone else can sit in red area get piss easy frags and then be safe knowing the admin will protect them.....well sorry, rules are one thing and i can relate to them being a server admin myself but come on ffs and at least make the rules constant for all maps and make it so those who are camping in a red area CAN be killed. Its pathetic that peeps can shoot at me yet i cant shoot back without all the BS marks against my name for what i call self defence.....If they can shoot at me then they are good enough to die IMHO, otherwise they should at least be made to leave the red zone or at least get a mark as well for being a coward or sommat.

I know that NQ can be set up to prevent SK using anti SK scripts etc, i also know it can be set up so that those in a spawn area dont lose their protection unless they shoot or move from the spawn area...maybe you should look into those ideas rather than having a fooked up half baked system of rules that confuse the admins half the time, let alone players.

I try very hard to play by a servers rules but yours just baffle, confuse, make no normal sense and generally annoy the fook out of me the more i try to understand the thinking behind them tbh. Please look into sorting out those who camp the spawn area under the protection of the "red" zone because its unfair tbh and some goad players into the SK then the poor sod then gets marked for SK etc because your rules are as they stand ..........well badly interpreted IMHO.

I've played ET many years so tend to stick within "normal" SK rules 99.9% of the time once i see the NO SK on a server, your SK rules however are just silly and its no wonder when you start a map you see 5-10 peeps with marks by their names.

Now the praise. :D

I like both your NQ servers and find most players and admins to be welcoming and friendly, even whe i was given my mark yesterdat Lucky was friendly and explained best he could your rules. I'll continue to play KW and ofc i'll try to follow your rules. (no matter how fooked up i think they are)

So had me rant and feel better now, sorry if i offend anyone in this thread as it wasn't my intent.

Frag ya soon

Re:

Snuffs /AKA F-KiN-L
  • snuffs99
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
I dont need to get a life, i'm a gamer so have lots of them.
Last Edit: 06 Aug 2010 03:26 by snuffs99.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:SK rules 06 Aug 2010 04:31 #38493

Well, thats your opinion.
For mine, i think we got the best documented and most stable rules for sk you can make.
We have defined zones with defined rules.

And if the whole team camps in their spawn, well they gonna loose the map.
RED zone = kill no one.
Mortar with non-explosives is just the fungame for goldrush.
Covert with cover also.

You will learn them fast, and then its easy.
  • luborg
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Es gibt einen Fluch der lautet:
Mögest du in interessanten Zeiten leben!

Re:SK rules 06 Aug 2010 18:07 #38498

luborg wrote:
Well, thats your opinion.
For mine, i think we got the best documented and most stable rules for sk you can make.
We have defined zones with defined rules.

And if the whole team camps in their spawn, well they gonna loose the map.
RED zone = kill no one.
Mortar with non-explosives is just the fungame for goldrush.
Covert with cover also.

You will learn them fast, and then its easy.

It is only my opinion m8 so please dont take it as personal.

As for the best documented and most stable rules for SK?? well have to totally disagree with ya, half the maps have SK zones yet others don't, also as i mentioned like on transmitter you have spawn areas where there is no SK zones then like allies second spawn (hut) sk is allowed even though once the fence has gone its no longer a contestable spawn...so not so great tbh nor are your Sk rules constant through all maps so how you can say they are the best documented etc is beyond me tbh..... its clear they are not otherwise you wouldn't have on average 5-10 players with marks against their names etc etc each map.

Your own rules state the following
Spawnkilling means killing player on purpose in the spawnarea, before they had a chance to get out of one of the always existing 2 exits.

Key word is highlighted in bold, now reading the above rule from your server rules page if a player is stood camping their own spawn and firing at you then they have obviously had plenty of time to get out of spawn area etc and whilst yes i did find the "extended SK rules" which do explain in detail, they are not well documented as i foudn them after i'd spoken to Lucky, why wouldn't you put them on the server rules page for all to find and see. The above line can be interpreted that once they have had chance to get out of spawn you can kill them..yet you cannot.....so again NOT well documented or stable SK rules in any way.

Anyways i've learned your rules and will accept the mark as stated but i dont have to like or agree with them, specially not in their curent fooked up state.

Before i forget... reading your rules it seems you get a 50 hour ban at 4 warnings....so does that mean if you SK 4 times then you'll get 50 hour ban... then once that ban is over your warnings are reset??? if so i'll take the 4 warnings and 50 hour ban thanx instead of a mark for 1 month..or 3 for 3 months...can be back to normal (0 warnings) in 50 hours and you get to frag the wimps camping in spawn while your at it.

Again only an opinion and i'm sure your probably telling me to STFU right about now so i will, said what i wanted to so thx for reading and taking the critasism.

Frag ya soon.

Re:

Snuffs
  • snuffs99
  • Senior Boarder
Last Edit: 06 Aug 2010 18:29 by snuffs99.

Re:SK rules 06 Aug 2010 18:29 #38499

Nobody is going to tell you to shut up.
People here can take opinion.
The discussion about the rules is exactly as old as the rules are. Waste of time. Just accept the rules and have fun... It's quite easy.
  • dessi
  • Administrator
  • .es.Desmond Sadness has joined the Dictators!
  • Thank you received: 148

Re:SK rules 04 Sep 2010 14:59 #39064

bit old thread .. but snuffs you're absolutely right

it sucks to get fragged from within red zone the player going outside of the zone and getting more shots against him and then running back into the zone like a pussy and claiming sk

it should be simple

spawn and die sux soo..

spawn, and when you start shooting against your opponent he should be able to shoot you back, like you said self defence

but when you spawn and do nothing, you should not shoot him

ofc there are gonna be ppl who abuse this and just stand still, and when their target gets lined up in ch then they shoot , those ppl deserve to be kicked anyway

that's my opinion , we had this in an rtcw server for yeaars never problems, also cuz there was more respect between players and most of players here on kw respect each others as well but there are still quite alot who don't

it was more teamspirit as well , it felt great, for example when we had an aimbotter on server we (both the entire teams allies and axis) stopped our game not caring about points and frags or whatever and start tking the fucker till he got so sick of it and left xD now that's teamplay

grtz

kat
  • Katja
  • Expert Boarder
Last Edit: 04 Sep 2010 15:04 by Katja.

Re:SK rules 04 Sep 2010 21:49 #39075

You're right.

KW is the most restrictive i've ever seen, rules are hard for new players on this server.
Very nice rules for escapping-to-red-area-after-shotting-noobs, especially on Oasis (axis)and calling "SK" after finished kill shot. And not good idea if we don't have permission to kill enemy basecamped mortar.

This is specific server, but i like to play on KW, because almost always there is lots of players and if fair admins (eg. Luke, Desmond, 16Blech) are online and aren't eggs with team ballanced.

grts!
  • wolekkxxx
  • Senior Boarder
Sry for many, many TK, SK, noobing, spam, not teamhelping, cheating, superegoism and no respect for ultraadmin gods.

Re:SK rules 15 Sep 2010 21:52 #39319

your can fire as much in red and at enemy's as your want as long they to not die B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)
  • nmikadotx
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:SK rules 16 Sep 2010 13:11 #39329

Well, normally kicks for SK has nothing to do with spawnkilling.. More like someone getting killed in redzone. For example in Oasis, there's many fopses/rg engies camping in the safe zone for 20 minutes and getting cheap frags. Killing them wouldnt be spawnkill as they actually spawned 20 minutes ago.

Though allowing to shoot them would prolly result in killing those who just spawned with an intention to actually leave the spawn. With 30 sec respawn it would be annoying.

Some servers with SK rules have something like "only lightweapons allowed" but that wouldnt fit this server.. Though it would be nice to see knife kills allowed for everyone in the spawn as it's hardly a weapon capable of mass SKing.

Only thing now that is slightly preventing the camping in Oasis is support fire from the other side of the wall, "marker outside" though some admins kick people for that too for "laming". :D

Re:SK rules 17 Sep 2010 03:03 #39337

I've never seen a server so large zones (eg. Oasis have funny big zones). This is an invitation for cowards sucks and unstoppable mortar camping. !sucks
  • wolekkxxx
  • Senior Boarder
Sry for many, many TK, SK, noobing, spam, not teamhelping, cheating, superegoism and no respect for ultraadmin gods.

Re:SK rules 17 Sep 2010 11:19 #39340

i play another server,and when i shot to SK-zone i blow up :huh: :laugh: and red words sey me it was SK :blink: ,and no problem,why this stuff turn on,of KW? ;) and auto kick :P
  • Latiw
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Russian :-) or Latvian :-)
i kill my internet provaider bad ping

Re:SK rules 26 Nov 2010 12:06 #40384

Latiw wrote:
i play another server,and when i shot to SK-zone i blow up :huh: :laugh: and red words sey me it was SK :blink: ,and no problem,why this stuff turn on,of KW? ;) and auto kick :P

u mean u simple shoot into the redzone, doesnt matter enemy there or not, u blow up!?
Freaky and i dont think its good. Okay, the hard way to learn, but how explain why this happen?!
  • Silver
  • Administrator
  • !hoserunter
  • Thank you received: 1
Interessante Selbstgespräche setzen einen klugen Gesprächspartner voraus

Re:SK rules 27 Nov 2010 00:17 #40390

Follow the rules or Good Bye!
  • Kristology
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Die einzig wahre Religion

Re:SK rules 27 Nov 2010 12:18 #40395

Silver wrote:
Latiw wrote:

u mean u simple shoot into the redzone, doesnt matter enemy there or not, u blow up!?
Freaky and i dont think its good. Okay, the hard way to learn, but how explain why this happen?!
i mean if you kill enemy in red zone,you blowe up. maebe is patch,ore script?! i dont knowe.
when i find this server i whrite in here. ;)
  • Latiw
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Russian :-) or Latvian :-)
i kill my internet provaider bad ping

Re:SK rules 27 Nov 2010 13:24 #40396

Dessi, since when You listen to critical opinions? :D

In my opinion rules are okey, except 2 things which are easy to introduct:

1. Spawn zones on every map;
2. Spawncamping prohibited - player still cannot be killed, but gets a kick from admin if he see this. Simple. Theres a group of people who are spawncamping all of the time, not all players; so its easy to learn them to stop it. Just use kick. Probably problem is (sorry to say..) some admins are spawncamping often (I understand stay in zone in Oasis, but not throw artillery through wall, maybe they do not realize they learn non-pro players; when I was noob <I know, I am still ;) > I was learning how to play from admins or from people who had respect/were friends of admins.) and dont want to punish other spawncampers because they will say "hey you are doing the same!". Shame a bit..

But.. there are concrete rules and it seems its never gonna change, even for better ones (like map castleattack will never disappear from campaign.. :X )
  • Johnus
  • Gold Boarder

Re:SK rules 27 Nov 2010 15:54 #40401

I can understand and appreciate both admins and players perspective...

If all fixed spawns are SK zones, how do you decide how large an area the zone should be etc.

Also I feel that, indirectly, SK is part of the game, it would be nice to rely on players fair play and common sense, however if that was true, then there would be no need for SK zones at all. Which is sadly and obviously not the case. Whatever rules admins enforce/apply someone will find a way to exploit them. But having no SK rules will turn the server into something that KW is trying to avoid.

From a players perspective it irks me that some people use SK rules to their advantage, e.g. Axis fixed spawn on Oasis. I have been present on the server when some Axis stay in this area, and even complain about being healed. Using this zone as a (cheap) trap will only put off new players to the server I feel.

Another example is the Pyramid map, where only one fixed spawn is a red zone. The other spawn is directly viewable by field ops (and ranged soldiers) on top of the pyramid, and in my opinion, more accessible for opposing players to spawn kill. I asked Luki about this, and as always, was very willing to explain the reason for this ("it was the admins choice"). Which for me is fair enough. I don't understand why people need to SK, myself not being of that mindset. I feel a fair balanced game is paramount to the enjoyment of ET.

In summary:

In my opinion, the players hold the admins responsible for these type of problems, and the admins hold the players responsible for these type of problems...

So whatever the admins decide is the overriding factor. But trying to find an equitable balance on a large public server is nigh on impossible.
  • Tr00p
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19

Re:SK rules 27 Nov 2010 22:03 #40407

Of course, I dont do sk even when its allowed, because I think its fair to others to let them be ready to fight with me and others, win or loose. Im suprised lot of others dont see this and lot of other points of no spawnkill, I see also how people behave versus spawnkill problem shows sometimes how they are for other people in real life.
  • Johnus
  • Gold Boarder

Re:SK rules 02 Jun 2011 16:27 #42930

Just been playing oasis and again your rules are so bad its untrue, you've got half the axis sat there in their spawn (their last spawn) shooting you and some even getting slaughterhouse sprees yet i get kicked for killing one of them by accident, i killed a player leaving the spawn, he died and the player behind him who was hiding in spawn like a biatch died from a bullet and i'm kicked for it...pathetic tbh and probably without doubt the worse SK rules i've ever come accross in 8 years of playing.

HOW are you supposed to kill them, how does this possibly promote fair play?? these naabs wait in spawn all map protected by your stupid rules...and i get kicked by PB if a stray bullet happens to kill them....yeah those are really clever rules.

Just makes no sense having such silly rules, i'm all for SK rules to promote fair play etc but when you get all these naabs hiding in spawn then thats far more unfair to gameplay then any sk could ever be, even more so when they are waiting for you to kill them so they can complain and get you kicked.

You want to promote no SK then maybe get the players OUT the fooking spawn to start instead of givign them the protection you do by allowing them to kill all day long from within that spawn.

Just a stupid rule, sorry for the rant but its pathetic how you allow this to happen all day everyday.... By all means have red zones for fair play but the second they can shoot at me i should be able to shoot back without being kicked for 10-15 min. I Wouldn't mind but the tools exist to prevent SK in exactly the way i describe, players are protected all day long provided they dont shoot, the second they do they lose spawn protection, maybe you should take time to sort this properly instead of allowing this to continue because as it stands you have fair and honest players being kicked when in reality it shoudl be those who abuse your rules who are kicked...liek those who sit in a red zone all fooking map and getting players kicked when they die.

Arrghhhhh.
  • snuffs99
  • Senior Boarder
Last Edit: 02 Jun 2011 16:28 by snuffs99.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

© Kernwaffe.de - Enemy Territory Servers | Design by: LernVid.com