Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
post here ur Feedback, Applause and Critique

TOPIC: Kicked by [KUH]Rios

Kicked by [KUH]Rios 26 Jan 2014 01:52 #48565

Dear Hi [KUH]Rios,

I noticed quite often that you act more according to personal feelings instead of solving a problem with careful consideration.
You don't seem to know the difference, what was on purpose and what not.

In example, you've kicked your own teammates several times already, because they poisoned/killed you only once immediately at the end of a game session.
If he has behaved well previously, he just want to fool around a bit, without any malicious intent behind.
The most admins/mods (I was also a mod long time ago *cough*) would think in this case: "Hey, no big deal, the round is almost over and my stats are untouched (because teamkills does not affect the own death count); I'll ignore it this time". No, you feel obviously offended - directly followed by a kick.
I'm sure, in example Bong and Hose would never see this so doggedly.

The real reason why I'm here today is that you have kicked me out too hasty in my opinion. Normally I don't care about this, because it's short and rare.
Nevertheless, I would like to achieve with this post that you should think about what you've done.
In the following demo you can see clearly that I didn't teamkill anybody on purpose, since the most teamkills were caused by mines:

2014-01-25-202732-goldendunk_a2.dm_84

Before you kick someone because of teamkilling, you should consider several factors:

• Size of the map: Small, therefore teamkills can occur more frequently.
  • Behavior of the player: Am I wicked or selfish? Not really. I try to help my teammates, as much as I can.
  • Impact on gameplay: Low, because short spawn time and close spawn points. I even helped to get some points.
  • Most common cause of killing: Mines ... I know it's not instantly recognizable, but a brief scroll up in the console would be enough to make the right decision.

I hope, you will make better and comprehensible decisions in the future, for the benefit of the whole community. Thank you for reading.
  • Ragnar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juudas

Kicked by [KUH]Rios 26 Jan 2014 08:13 #48566

Hey Ragnar.
I saw only 3 min and ur mines r placed badly imo, u placed them up the ramp to object also, what causes most tks i think.
And so u crossed the magic line off too much tks, i also noticed that but its not possible to proof later how it could happened. Sorry for u but there is no choice, as to kick u for too much TKs (not for TK on purpose !).
btw u had 13 the next on the list had 5.

So pls dont think thats a fault off Kuh, i would kick u also for that (btw Kuh kicked herself also for too much tks in the past).
Maybe we should warn u at 10, but who thought that someone crosses tk-maximum on this map ?!

Bis gleich Bong
  • Bong
  • Thank you received: 43
Last Edit: 26 Jan 2014 08:15 by Bong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: H5N1

Kicked by [KUH]Rios 26 Jan 2014 10:24 #48567

13 Teamkills in one map is waaaaaay too much.

I know how annoying it is to receive TKs from blind, minetripping teammates. There are many maps where i stopped planting mines at all, because inevitable some people still didn't understood that these small flags in the ground are dangerous. Maybe they think they could jump over it but suck at jumping? I don't know :laugh:
Old city in oasis - always some douche who just runs into the landmines. I don't know what is going on in their head but it can't be much.
So you have my sympathy.

But still, i am more then happy to see Mods taking action against Teamkillers. Because there are people on KW who give a shit about teammates and these people will never learn their lesson if any excuse is accepted.

A good way to avoid this: If you see you have 7 or 8 TKs, you should change your class to medic for the rest of the map and start healing instead of wounding :)
Last Edit: 26 Jan 2014 10:28 by [ETC]=ROSINENBOMBER=.

Kicked by [KUH]Rios 26 Jan 2014 12:46 #48568

i want to say in this case that i probably would also have kicked you
when you reached 12 tks. i know it sucks sometimes that people just
run over the mines, but usually i check my tks and when i realize
that they are just too stupid, i will stop placing mines on perfectly
good spots because i know there are some braindead running around
who ignore little flags on the ground.

i cannot change them doing that, i only can stop planting mines
there. so i kinda see i like rosine and think that the kick was a
valid one.

despite this little inconvenience i d love to get my balls kicked by
you in the future and won t lose you about something like that.
  • unterhose
  • Administrator
  • doofluke
  • Thank you received: 67
VI VI VI, the number of the beast.

Kicked by [KUH]Rios 26 Jan 2014 12:51 #48569

ps: what i think about those many threads in the pasts weeks
about certain moderators might also be caused by their many
more hours online, so they have to take all the blame.

i know staffmembers have different way of doing things and
looking over certain stuff, but most of those decisions are
still based on and within the boundaries of our rules. all
members got a room of maneauvering within those rules and
(like in real life) will use that differently.

i don t wanna dispute that we all make questionable dicisions
from time to time, but in this specific case i think it
was her right to do so. (12 tk that is).
  • unterhose
  • Administrator
  • doofluke
The following user(s) said Thank You: H5N1

Kicked by [KUH]Rios 26 Jan 2014 14:32 #48570

I saw only 3 min and ur mines r placed badly imo, u placed them up the ramp to object also, what causes most tks i think.

Yes, for this reason I placed the mines later very close to the jump pad.
And so u crossed the magic line off too much tks [...]

I checked the server rules again, there is no "magical line" or maximum (btw the warning was missing indeed). The decision depends on multiple factors that I mentioned above, not only on a number revealed by showtk. Small map + 40 players = higher chance for teamkilling. So 12 or 13 teamkills is not too much in this case (and happens more often on the server in this number size as your obviously think, without punishment or warning).
[...]and won t lose you about something like that.

This will never happen. I refuse to be intimidated by a person who is looking for a senseless reason to kick someone.

Sorry, but your arguments are not enough to convince me atm. Warning would have made more sense than an instant kick (which can be done with !warn quite effective and easy). After that, you can still kicking if it gets worse. This would increase the education factor on a more friendly way, and would be more in line with the your rules about teamkilling.
  • Ragnar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Kicked by [KUH]Rios 26 Jan 2014 18:32 #48571

well, 12 tk is the internal guideline. that s the way it is. if you are convinced or not. sorry bro.
and of course a !warn is preferable before reaching 12 tk, but not mandatory.
  • unterhose
  • Administrator
  • doofluke
Last Edit: 26 Jan 2014 18:32 by unterhose.
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

© Kernwaffe.de - Enemy Territory Servers | Design by: LernVid.com