Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
post here ur Feedback, Applause and Critique

TOPIC: The question of Bots

The question of Bots 18 Jul 2018 21:00 #52837

Recently on a Monday, an annoying player keeps trying to call votes for no bots.
He just won't shut up about it.

SO let us discuss it here.

My view is the addition of bots did help a lot for a time.
But now we reach a time where they are becoming unhelpful.

NoQuarter is about chaos. But bots do not replace the player experience. In fact the result now is that large numbers put more people off than they attract. Most quality players refuse to play with bots. Those that do put up with them mostly do it because of an already existing love for Kernwaffe. And perhaps we have fallen into a habit on veterans nights of having the bots there, perhaps this is why some people always vote to keep them.

But Kernwaffe was never ever about bots, the hundreds of thousands XP was gained from playing with people. It cheapens that achievement to keep bots. So if we must have bots I suggest 3 or 4 per side so that people may always get a game. Not more than 5 maximum.
If you want to allow players to harvest XP at other times, there could be 6-8 per side in the week. But I would suggest if you want to play in a bot swarm or harvest xp, go to GOC for that. As I see it, if we want people, then naturally we do not want bots.
Other opinions are welcome to be aired.

As many people do not use forums for various reasons, I'll post Slonik's view here - which is that with e.g. 16 bots, he sees a half dozen ppl in the server as just more bots and doesn't join.

I agree. And I wouldn't be here if I didn't already love the fun and stupidity and free speech insults of what Kernwaffe used to stand for.
Incidentally, you do not need to change that. A mistake was made allowing the leader of AoS to recruit on your server, but the atmosphere was what attracted people, and the bitterness & upset is what drove them away (presumably).
Another thing going forwards is to not have any bitterness for that. It happened, it's life. I don't think you do anymore, but these are just my 2cents. And it is relevent to say it aloud.

Fond wishes & wishing to fondle u all.
& shoot u soon if u don't shoot me first.

ok, you'll shoot me first.
  • 7 League Boots
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Last Edit: 19 Jul 2018 21:18 by 7 League Boots. Reason: spelling & stuff
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The question of Bots 19 Jul 2018 21:16 #52838

tldr; I CANNOT DO THIS THING IT IS IMPOSSIBILITY.

I think many players now do not stay because of bots. They are not fun to be around.
Kernwaffe was never about bots. Maybe we keep them by habit.
I think now it's time to reduce bot numbers drastically at least on a monday, for our enjoyment.

Slonik's view: In an 8v8 bot match with 6 players, he just sees them as more bots & doesn't join.

wow. I just hit my self in the face with concision and precison.
[p.s. please move this post to proper section)
  • 7 League Boots
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 19 Jul 2018 21:17 by 7 League Boots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juudas

The question of Bots 08 Aug 2018 23:31 #52843

simple answer: bots remain. whining doesnt help ..
exp[I*Pi]=-1

The question of Bots 11 Aug 2018 22:18 #52844

oh come on santa, you just sound condescending here. But maybe there is something wrong with my phrasing?
Recently I mentioned bots/called vote a few mondays in a row, but they were small attempts, and I don't 'whine' about it as you should know since we're often both there. I phrased it like that due to (attempted) humour, i.e. insulting myself.

simple fact: some people leave due to bots. Or never join. e.g. Slonik, and et said so in the chat. some presumably leave without saying anything. I don't always say so. But if anyone has felt I whine, well that is not an attractive attribute. Yet many people simply vote with their feet. What would you prefer?

I put forth a logical & reasoned argument in a thoughtful & considered way, and have waited patiently for people to read & hopefully comment. As the server is for having fun, I'm trying to open the question here on the forum, which is for discussions. So your simple answer is unhelpful in this sense.
also IF this is a dictatorship, I don't think you hold that dubiously exhalted position.

If my phrasing or approach is at fault, maybe you could consider opening the topic in a better or neutral way in the correct part of the forum, to get people's opinions? Or I could try again, but I'm not able to translate into German.

It seems entirely reasonable to have such a discussion,
and where else but here ...

so two questions I think are important:
1) do most kw regulars want to keep a lot of bots, or want them reduced, or off.
2) do people that play ET generally like many bots or not. i.e. do many bots draw in more players than they put off or vice versa.

It's necessary to talk about 1) at least because it's unreasonable if 2 people fail a vote which 4 people f1. On server I don't think I complain much after a vote has failed. But the forum is the place to talk, that's why I brought it here ...
  • 7 League Boots
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 11 Aug 2018 22:20 by 7 League Boots.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

© Kernwaffe.de - Enemy Territory Servers | Design by: LernVid.com