Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Everything about Kernwaffe | Alles rund um Kernwaffe

TOPIC: Kernwaffe moments on youtube idea

Kernwaffe moments on youtube idea 22 Feb 2015 16:34 #50207

hey guys,
I would like to make Youtube channel of Kernwaffe moments.

If you are willing to send demos write here or contact me please

There are lot of things I want to say about this:

I want everyone to have possibility to get into video. I dont how many moments would people send me. I expect people to send me only interesting stuff, I dont want one guy to send me every kill he got. But on the other hand I dont fancy to decide what is worth and what not. So maybe we could make group of "judges" that would decide

I got moviemaking experience ( www.crossfire.nu/videos/view/id/1391 ) I know how to make video out of demo. But I dont want to do any fancy editing and sync with music. If someone would do this then tell Id just provide raw .avi files.

I want to make this as automatic and easy as possible for me and also for players.
For start players could record demos with autorecord

unfortunately if server uses warmup (kw uses), cg_autoaction (demo autorecording on start) doesnt work: bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22627
and probably we cant do anything about it: shitstorm.org/noquarter/wiki/index.php?t...ain_CVARs#g_doWarmup

people could add autorecord to some keys like limbomenu, ready, binoculars: bind L "openlimbomenu;autorecord"
I tested it, it doesnt make lag only spams console with "Already recording."

bind x "autoscreenshot" // important part, this saves screenshot with current local time in filename, so I will know when to record video of demo, so every time you want to "save moment" use autoscreenshot command

Next step is uploading:
easy way would be just send me demo file and screenshot on email
for automatic way It would be possible to use dropbox with shared folder

Then I would collect demos and make videos with sound,(or editing would be done by somebody who got time for nice artistic editing :D ) do some cutting, render and upload to youtube
I would also try to automate this process

I want to put server adress link, maybe this: www.vereinte-nationen.de/kw_joomla/index.php/en/downloads
in description of videos/channel

Everything is just idea now and Im trying to hear opinions and ideas from you

Regards Kimi
  • Kimi
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nemesis

Kernwaffe moments on youtube idea 22 Feb 2015 18:03 #50208

Hi,

I'm interested on this topic and I can send you some videos that I can record. Maybe my friends can do it too.
About editing videos, I made some videos yet, and maybe I can help you, specially with the music.

Some videos:

Those videos were about a "invented" mod that consist in two players fighting till death with 25000 HP in a scenary which is limited. They can be only engineers with riflenades and they can use as many resources as they have, like nadethrowing, backstab, mariokill... This can be played by 2v2 too.
  • Loureiro
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kimi, Nemesis

Kernwaffe moments on youtube idea 22 Feb 2015 20:35 #50210

thanks for interest
well you can just send demos, but if you would send uncompressed video with ingame sound I wouldnt complain
those videos were recorded by spectator? because AFAIK its not possible to have FREE CAM in noquarter
did you recorded it with fraps or with cl_aviDemo?
cool mod idea btw :D
  • Kimi
  • Expert Boarder

Kernwaffe moments on youtube idea 22 Feb 2015 21:47 #50211

This sounds like a good and fun idea! Will definitely try to contribute to this. Just a quick note worth mentioning: Unlike in ETPro you can't remove the HUD to only display the kills. Either you have to remove the entire HUD or leave everything in. Is this problem still valid or was it changed? (haven't checked up on it in a while)

lg kaese
  • drei kaese tief
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
tingtingtingting

Kernwaffe moments on youtube idea 23 Feb 2015 09:01 #50212

quick tutorial on how to make demos then!? :p

nvidia's recording software doesnt seem to work with ET :(
any idea if fraps or something else is supported? or is the build in capturing software decent enough
  • tsuneobeard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 90

Kernwaffe moments on youtube idea 23 Feb 2015 09:44 #50213

drei kaese tief wrote:
This sounds like a good and fun idea! Will definitely try to contribute to this. Just a quick note worth mentioning: Unlike in ETPro you can't remove the HUD to only display the kills. Either you have to remove the entire HUD or leave everything in. Is this problem still valid or was it changed? (haven't checked up on it in a while)

lg kaese

AFAIK not possible, you can only use alt hud with hud_drawalthud
atleast popup filter is working so I can show just kills of the players demos

IF there would be like 6-man panzerfaust kill, we can find good value of cg_pmPopupTime (Popup message speed in ESC > No Quarter > HUD) to show it smoothly
Ill share "movie" config and we can work on it with screenshots :)
  • Kimi
  • Expert Boarder
Last Edit: 23 Feb 2015 10:11 by Kimi.

Kernwaffe moments on youtube idea 23 Feb 2015 09:52 #50214

quick tutorial on how to make demos then!?
easiest way -

take screenshot - for saving moment
record replay - for recording demo

config way:
bind F10 autorecord //stars recording
bind F11 autoscreenshot //save screenshot -- use this when u want to save moment!
bind F12 stoprecord

but I suggest to use something like:
bind M "+mapexpand;autorecord"
because as I said automatical recording on KW doesnt work

any idea if fraps or something else is supported? or is the build in capturing software decent enough

without automatization i will use ingame screenshot recording and sound recording and when I will want to automate this I will have to look for recording sofwware which support running from command line, I dont care about this now, because I don't have any demos :D
  • Kimi
  • Expert Boarder
Last Edit: 23 Feb 2015 09:57 by Kimi.

Kernwaffe moments on youtube idea 23 Feb 2015 10:05 #50215

guys please keep in mind that anyone can be included
the "moment" doesnt have to be some monsterkill with 100 headshots, it could be anything funny, random - like goomba kill by flying corpse (my favourite)
  • Kimi
  • Expert Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nemesis

Kernwaffe moments on youtube idea 23 Feb 2015 18:03 #50219

tsuneobeard wrote:
quick tutorial on how to make demos then!? :p

I'm guessing you're talking about Shadowplay. You have to tick "Allow desktop capture" LIKE THIS. Then you have to play Windowed Mode or you can just Alt+Enter/Minimize ET whenever you got something good and hit your record key on the Desktop. 2nd solution is pretty annoying for me. Hope this helps.

Quick EDIT: Fraps is supported aswell, but that gives you the disadvantage of not knowing when to start recording. Also the files are huge once you've recorded a whole map for example. Recording a demo and then recording off the demo with high fps and using Sony Vegas's inbuilt "motion blur"/gaussian blur is going to deliver the best quality movie. Sending demos to Kimi also gives him the freedom to use the same config for all the clips. If we all send him .avi's with different FOVs, crosshairs, graphic settings, weapon displays etc, the movie is going to look (in my opinion) ugly.

lg kaese
  • drei kaese tief
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
tingtingtingting
Last Edit: 23 Feb 2015 18:08 by drei kaese tief. Reason: I suck at formatting.

Kernwaffe moments on youtube idea 23 Feb 2015 22:24 #50221

good news: its possible to replay demos with image-et what makes recording of video from demos easier
it suports img_demoseek, timescale 0
It also supports depth of field, example: www.clanubik.com/demos/Graphics/writeups/adlernest_eg_biggz.jpg
more info: bunkerwiki.aaxxss.com/index.php/Image_ET

its also possible to recordi limbomenu with 8000x6000 resolution: imgur.com/a/q2UqR
  • Kimi
  • Expert Boarder

Kernwaffe moments on youtube idea 25 Feb 2015 01:34 #50226

Nice idea Kimi! Would be awesome to see some of our regulars star in our very own KW promo. :woohoo:

I love the idea of putting music under it too, but please: don't erase the hitsounds. They kinda give me an adrenaline rush, so I tend to enjoy vids with hitsounds enabled more. :blush: :laugh:
  • Nemesis
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 190
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

© Kernwaffe.de - Enemy Territory Servers | Design by: LernVid.com